Tuesday 7 April 2015

Accessories Galore: When I go a little bit nuts for handmade. Plus - new specs!

This month, I got my bonus. I should not have been spending it on frivolities, as we're supposed to be saving for our hols. However. I did buy a <ahem, cough> couple of things.

First off: DeerArrow

This is an Australian brand, and they sell all manner of delightful brooches, earrings and other accessories - all with a retro styling.

I was already looking at their sewing machine brooch when they announced a discount code on fb. How on earth could I say no. I also bought some flamingo earrings, and some sundae earrings to match my sundae best dress




Whilst they don't post straight away ( I think they waited 3 days after my order - which enabled me to add an item LOL) my parcel arrived extremely quickly. Within 5 business days - which is not bad from Oz. 

I was a tiny bit disappointed. Firstly, because the backs on my flamingo earrings were wonky. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but its obvious when I wear them that one hangs below my lobe and the other doesn't. I messaged them and they responded immediately to apologise and send replacements, so top marks for that. 


I love my brooch, but I kind of wish it had more colours in it. I knew what I was buying though, so I can't complain about that really.


I was also disappointed at the size of the sundae earrings, which as you can see from the picture below, are so small you can barely see them. I wish they were bigger, but they are still super cute.

Overall, not my most successful buy, but I would still definitely recommend them. Their customer service is fab, and delivery from Oz to UK is cheap. Just be aware of the sizes of the items you are buying.

~~~

Second lot of accessory purchases were from Lucky Ladybird crafts.


Adorable packaging and currently bargains to be had! I'm wearing my swiss roll brooch above. I also bought a batternburg brooch...



...and a sushi purse. Such a lot of work has gone into this. I love it!! Thing I will stash my earrings in it.



~~~

I also spotted this little apple bag in the charity shop for £3. Brand new! Noah has claimed it as his own, but I'm getting it back when he's not looking!


I have been hankering after this Ollie and Nic bag for ages (below), but I can't justify that spend on yet another bag, so whilst the quality isn't as good, it has satisfied my need for an apple wicker bag ;)


~~~

Finally, since we're on accessories, I bought some new specs. Its always a bit of a gamble with http://www.selectspecs.com/ as you can't try them on first, however I've had three pairs now (See other pair above -  I had to buy them twice as I lost the first lot) and I am mega happy with my purchases.  They are supercomfy, and I can wear them out and about without feeling queasy (I do have a pair from Tesco which I can only wear whilst driving because they make me nauseous if I wear them whilst walking!)

They are prescription (I'm short sighted) and cost me £14.95 including postage. You can't really argue with that can you?!


(link to these glasses and also to the ones above)


No comments :

Post a Comment