Monday 30 March 2015

SIMPLICITY’S STAR SEWIST: Dressmaking Challenge -> I must be frickin' nuts

I have so many projects (including commissions) that I need to get done ASAP. And yet. I cannot resist a challenge. I don't know whats wrong with me!

Simplicity are running this competition for sewing bloggers. Well I'm one of those, although I've done precious little dressmaking lately.

There are three patterns to choose from, but I've gone for the dress option, which is this one.



See now, it says its easy, which I'm sure it is. 
What it does not say on this envelope, but which I know, is that it only goes up to a size 18. 

Now a size 18 in a pattern is not the same as a shop size 18. I need anything up to a size 24 in a dress pattern. Which means that this will not fit me, and I will have to grade it up. Bleugh.

I wouldn't normally go for this design either - its very sixties, and sheath dresses aren't my thing, due to my lovely large backside. However, it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise would it?!

I need to pick a style, then embellish/modify/whatevs.
I need to do it in the next 8 weeks. Alongside the bags, and the childrens clothes, and my bridezilla dress.



Speaking of the bridezilla dress (I'm not the bridezilla!) I think I'm going for Simplicity 1459, which is terribly twee on the front cover, but it definitely is more my style.



This is the fabric, and my shoes. I have been looking all over for a dress to match the shoes (ebay bargain) and then I remembered. Doh! This fabric I bought on ebay last year and never got the chance to use. Awesome!

I think I will go for the sleeveless option. Should I do the collar in cream though, or use this fabric. Hmm...


No comments :

Post a Comment