Friday 13 March 2015

Another Carpet Bag - Cath Kidston clocks (again)


I finished a bag yesterday. I have a few too many orders to cope with at the moment - fortunately I've had a bit of extra time at home waiting for people to fix the boiler, so I managed to get this commission completed. 



Emma saw my previous carpet bag, and wanted the same Cath Kidston fabric, but with a black polka contrast instead. I found some pu handles on etsy, and they arrived yesterday morning just after I told her I couldn't finish it until they arrived!



There is an inner zip pocket as well as slip pockets and a front pocket with a magnetic fastener and polka piping.
The tabs are to help pull open the frame. 


Anyone wondering what it looked like before finished: this is before I  put the handles on 


This is it held together before I sewed the lining to the outer. It then all gets pulled (handles and all) through a smallish hole in the lining (birthing!) to get it right side out.



Also I realised yesterday I was wearing the same print but in green!







No comments :

Post a Comment