Monday 16 February 2015

Bag of the Month - Companion Carpet Bag

This year I decided to join the bag of the month club. Basically, its a bag pattern download club - you don't know which patterns you are going to get in advance - its all a bit secret (although you do know which designers are contributing)

I am already behind, but I did finally get the January bag finished!
January - Samantha from Sewing Patterns with Mrs H designed this Companion Carpet Bag (mine is in the smaller size)


I used some of my Cath Kidston fabric for this. Clocks for the outside, floral for the inside.
There is one zip pocket and two slot pockets. There is also an external pocket with a magnetic closure.


I used premade bias binding to make the green piping. 

Looking at it, I think maybe I should have put it along the top edge between the contrast and the main fabric, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The straps are pre-made. I've not used those before so this was a first.


Overall I'm really happy with it. I love the frame feature and I already have taken an order for another one of these (this one sold straight away)


No comments :

Post a Comment