Monday 26 January 2015

10 years wed, jewellery making, Cath Kidston dresses, and Anglesea Abbey

Yesterday, it was our 10th wedding anniversary. Time flies doesn't it? We just went out to our local restaurant Cinta, because whilst in an ideal world we'd fly off for a weekend - in the real world there is no-one to look after our kids (and we'd miss them anyway). I wore my peacock dress that I made last year, with my new necklace (also me-made) and my new vivian that I just finished that morning. John looked in the wardrobe (gasp - he never looks in the wardrobe) and found a shirt that is just a little tight these days :)



Also earlier that morning, I finally finished assembling some resin jewellery I made. Its not great, but  I'm new at this. I really wanted a sewing machine necklace, and I couldn't find one I liked. So I made some. 





Noah proved himself a literary genious (so proud of my baby) It still stuns me how fast children can go from scrawling just their name, to being able to read and write sentences. 


I bought a new dress from the Cath Kidston outlet. I've been waiting for this one to come in for ages. It was in the online sale, but its always cheaper when it gets to the outlet. Its a bit of a gamble, because they don't always come in, and they aren't always in my size (actually they are never in my size, but they are generously sized which works to my advantage as I can squeeze into a 16) I just love this fabric in the green. I am currently making a bag in the dark red version of it, which will be posted once complete.

Its a lovely comfy dress. They make the armscyes (armholes) big enough for bigger arms - there is nothing more uncomfortable than armpit rub. It doesn't cling to my tights either. Bonus.


We also took the boys for a bit of fresh air at Anglesea Abbey, which is about a 25 minute drive from us. It was more succesful than the trip to London. You can't climb stuff in the Natural History museum (although there was plenty of climbing on the pirate ship in the Diana Memorial Park) 

Give a boy a tree and some sticks and he is a happy boy.





No comments :

Post a Comment