Friday 9 January 2015

A very happy new year to you!

Did you have a good christmas? We did, although the kids were desperate to see their friends by the end of the holidays. The company of adults is not that much fun for them!

I'll start with craft stuff in case you popped by to see that! Honestly there hasn't been much sewing. It would be nice to say I had lots of sewing time over the two weeks I was off work, but actually I didn't. I got one thing completed, and that was this -  a necessary clutch wallet. I really love it and its been on my to-do list for quite a long time so I'm glad I got one done. 

 

The only 

I used the Amy Butler fabric for the outer, and then some sewing themed fabric inside. 


The only other thing I've gotten started on is my shetland tweed rosie (no pics yet) and this little crossbody which is not yet finished. 

The fabric is a Melody Miller cotton-linen blend and I love it! It will get a strap once the hardware arrives.

So back to what we did on our holidays (one of my favourite albums I'll have you know) 
Just before school broke up, they had the christingle service at school, which is sort of a quiet reflectful one. I didn't make it this year, but a friend took this photo for me as Joey got to light the christingle candle for his class


We went up north to visit my mum and sister for the run up to christmas. Stayed at Redworth Hall, which is a bit of a treat, but I thought it was a really good deal. We got breakfast and dinner included, and a nice suite to stay in. They have a pool and an indoor play area for the kids. 

This is Noah with his dolly stash from nanna Maxey! Honestly I don't know why I didn't put the roof box on the car before we left. I should have known we'd be sitting amidst piles of presents!


there was also considerable amounts of cookie decorating happening at nannas!


We did a quick trip to Durham. They are currently building a lego scale model of the Cathedral (in the cathedral) and for a small donation you can add a certain number of bricks and therefore be part of the build. Both the boys did it :)



I also made a flying visit to the Bignall household (where I spent much of my youth) to visit Widgey who was visiting her folks - she is normally resident in Pittsburgh. Known to everyone else as @Frances_Sand . I met her lovely fiance Nick (who wasn't yet her fiance on the evening I visited - he proposed the next day on a trip to London) We reminisced and giggled, and then I had to go back to the hotel... 


Christmas eve we bombed it back to Goddy in order to make it in time for the Christmas nativity at St Marys. I have NO decent shots of this (I did get a fab new camera in the christmas sales though) and couldn't get any of the Innkeeper (Joey) I am pleased to say that Noah wore the donkey outfit rather than the sheep outfit to take Mary to Bethlehem. (He was bribed!!)


Christmas day I wore my swirl dress from beckys swirlalong
I have no full body shot I'm afraid, but it continues with a lot of scotty dogs!


There was much present opening, which was repeated when grandma came to visit with the girls on the following weekend.












No comments :

Post a Comment