Saturday 13 July 2013

More Baby Shoes! Plus Gala Weekend in Goddy and Car Maintenance ahoy...

I'm actually not so happy with these. They are taken from the http://www.fleetingthing.com/handmade/baby-gifts/the-mila-baby-shoe-tutorial/&2_10_12 tutorial and they look super-cute but they aren't very practical because the seam is visible and to make it neat you have to overlock or zigzag. Well I don't have an overlocker, and zigzagging all those layers (where the frill meets the shoe) means that it wouldn't be comfortable for a baby. I'm going to have another go, without frills, and hiding the seams.

These arrived from China yesterday. I am mucho excited. They are bamboo bag handles. Oooh!!

Much of one week was taken up attempting to construct a propelled boat for the gala day boat competition. From a coke bottle, a milk carton, and eggbox, some elastic bands, some paper, and a few wooden dowels.

I eventually came up with Dewan the Dragonfly (which did propel - just very very slowly - a lazy dragonfly LOL)  
Of course my kids got all the credit - we won 'Best Decoration'


Gala Weekend in Godmanchester is wonderful. Sadly the Sunday event (Picnic in the Park) was cancelled last year due to torrential rain. The weather obviously had a guilt trip - because this year it was glorious all weekend!


 


I also found the time to do a car maintenance course (this is Maja changing a tyre) which was great fun and very useful ( I do the car stuff anyway, but I had forgotten how to change the tyre)
 

And bought this cute little frock in Tesco for a fiver - it was strapless, which I cannot cope with, so I chopped off the top of the bodice and made straps :)



Finally - Anna has offered me one of these babies Pfaff Expression 2046 which she doesn't use. For a price of course, but half what it cost 7 years ago. She's bringing it round later so I can have some trial time. Yey!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment