Friday 4 March 2016

Bagmaking: The Window Shopper Tote - February BOTM 2016 by Mrs H

I knew when Samantha  said we were going to need a big print for her Bag of the Month  club bag, that I wanted to use this Frida print.

However I didn't actually own it already, so I had to go buy it. Gosh Alexander Henry ain't cheap


This bag has two outer pockets. A full width one on the back (although to be honest you can use it either way around) and a pouch on the front. This required serious fussy cutting to match up the patterns:


Urk! All that wasted fabric! (I also still needed to cut a gusset and a strap at this point) I do keep my scraps though so it won't get binned. There is also enough left to make a handbag. A small one :) 

So lets cut to the chase. Summary: Easy pattern to follow. No issues at all. Made gusset an inch wider. Used headliner to pad it out nicely. Bobs yer uncle! One huge tote finito.








No comments :

Post a Comment