Sunday 27 April 2014

Miss Vintage UK entry

I just entered Miss Vintage UK. Honestly I haven't a hope in hell but this is my year of doing things I haven't done before (I'm 40 in a few months!) and one of the things that was on my list was to do a photoshoot. (Got me a Groupon deal for nineteen quid - it was really good fun and a bargain - totally recommend!)

This is a facebook competition, so if aren't on I don't expect you to start now! There are a lot of gorgeous ladies on there, but I'm going to do my damndest to get some more votes. I'm representing the fuller figured gals (I'm a size 18-20) of a <ahem> certain age.

Its just a bit of fun. I'm not trying to pretend to be someone I'm not - but of course this isn't a true representation of what I look like every day. There was good lighting involved. And lots of straining to get the best angle. And makeup.

Stuff like this helps the confidence though for sure, and whilst I don't want to be fat and forty (I'm in 'a diet place' right now) I want to make the most of what I have right this minute, rather than waiting till I'm 'thin'. After all, my body might be big, but its produced two gorgeous kids - so its doing pretty well!

My entry to the Miss Vintage UK contest. Feel free to enter yourself or if you'd like to vote for me, you can like my picture in this album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151925997677657.1073741832.30797112656&type=1
and you must also like their page
https://www.facebook.com/twinwoodevents

thank you

p.s. The dress I'm wearing is the one I was trying to get done in time for the groupon photoshoot. I failed to finish it, but am wearing it anyway (Its bulldog clipped at the back and there's no hem!) Glad I got to wear it though! smile

No comments :

Post a Comment